قديم 27-02-2009, 06:43 AM
ghij718 ghij718 غير متصل
عضوية مغلقة

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2009
مشاركة: 13
مستوى تقييم العضوية: 0
ghij718 is on a distinguished road
Smile My experience about Nike max shoes

When I was in middle school, everybody wanted to have a pair of Nike max shoes. I don’t know why, but if we saw our friends were wearing Nike max shoes, we just praised them. “Oh, you look so gorgeous. You walk like an angel today. Wow, it’s beautiful! Can I touch your shoes?” Compared to the 21st century young people, it was like having a brand new I-pod or multi functional cell phone. Maybe for us grown-ups, it was like having a brand new car or jewelry or clothing. Anyway, people became cool and gorgeous, if they wore a pair of Nike max shoes when I was young boy.However, unfortunately, not every kid was able to have Nike max shoes because those shoes were incredibly expensive. The regular price of Nike max shoes was around $ 15.00 U.S dollars at that time. Well, it was twenty five years ago. They could now be more than $ 150.00 dollars. Anyway, because they were so expensive, we were not able to have them at all. Yet, all of sudden many of the kids in the school began to wear those expensive shoes. I was not an exception. I wanted to be gorgeous and cool, so I also wore those shoes like other kids.Was I rich? That’s why I got the Nike shoes? No. not at all! Unfortunately, my mother didn’t want to use her money to buy those expensive shoes at that time. Then how did I get my lovely Nike shoes? Here is the story. I and my friends got the fake Nike shoes from a local shoe store. Even the name of our shoes was not Nike at all, but it was “NICE.” Smart, isn’t it? Only one letter was different, but almost everything was the same as the genuine Nike shoes. It was so popular so everybody wore those NICE shoes at that time.However, although we loved out ‘NICE’ shoes, there was one truth that we could not deny it. “Nike shoes always won.” Although we wore those fake Nike shoes, we were not proud of ourselves if we saw a person who wore the genuine Nike shoes. We pretended to be cool (what’s up! Yo man!), yet we were not cool anymore if we saw the genuine Nike shoes around us.I guess the 21st century Christians created many false gods everyday. A theologian says, “People nowadays can make idols out of almost anything, the desire for power, reason, nature, tradition, hobby, sports, and money.” Incredible, right? I think he is right. We can make idols from almost anything. What is my idol.....I feel sorry to God.